Thursday, March 17, 2011

Good morning my sweet Luvs!
It is day number 4 of the roller coaster ride that is potty training. I am hanging in there, but I have noticed it is robbing my joy so as I tell my daughter "have a happy heart" I am determined to be a bit more go with the flow today. I think I expect so much from my sweet Evelette because she is so incredibly smart so I am not as patient with her. So if there are a few more accidents today but I still have the Joy of the Lord it will be a victorious day!
Lol okay now that my self pep talk is over on to delicious design!
Isn't this room so dreamy? I really want to find great artwork but I have the worst luck at it! What are your favorite places to find affordable cute artwork?
Have a great Thursday!
Luvs!
833042_KD2XfUD4_c.jpg

P.S. Aren't those wall sconces so cute? Now I know I have seen those at Goodwill before, just needing a coat of paint.

12 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

good luck on the potty training. it has not been a good experience for us over here! We are finally getting the hang of it but it has taken much longer than i ever imagined.

I absolutely love that room!

Abby M. Interiors said...

Potty training can be brutal--and having a joyful heart can be just as tricky! I think what I like about this image is actually the frames and mirror. The art could be dispensable. Love the room!
abby

Anonymous said...

Haha, thats funny you said that - the sconces were the first thing i noticed which is crazy since theres so much on the walls!

I'm an awful painter but I've lately just been painting my own stuff... sometimes i completely paint over a canvas 12 times before it ends up being something i like... but i've since sold a few of them because of it!

Unknown said...

I love the mix of large and small items. There is such a relaxed feel to the image... very pretty indeed!

Anonymous said...

You can do it! Keep it up, it will certainly pay off in the end! :) XOXO

Unknown said...

1 word = HOMEGOODS!

Unknown said...

Oh hang in there Leah! Some kids get it quickly, others like to take their own sweet time. There is NOTHING you can do to 'speed up the process'. Accidents will happen and it's tiring to clean up.. Just part of the game. Before you know it, you'll realize that potty training is over! : )

Unknown said...

gosh this is perfect!!!!

Rashon Carraway said...

I have no advice on potty training.

BUT

I can tell you that some of the best art I have found have been in thrift stores. No surprise there. In all honesty they get so many items in until the styles run the gamut of whats available.


I also take time to look at inspiration files that I have clipped over the years to see what idea I could possible recreate on a strict budget.

I hope the training goes well!

Mr. Goodwill Hunting

Summer said...

oh man....I'm about a month away from the potty training drama...

i'll be consulting jesus an awful lot about then too. =)

hang in there mama....

traci zeller designs said...

Potty training is rough ... but, in my experience, you are rounding the corner, girlfriend! The end is in sight!! xoxo!

Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com said...

Beautiful inspiration!!